"The Swiss Army Knife for dApp Deployment!"
Made with ❤️
Finally, you can deploy dApps in seconds!
Here's how we did it:
We've gone through the hoops of deploying dApps on the Ethereum Network and have nuked out all of the annoying parts to make dapployment a breeze.
Let's Get Started
- Install from source to get access to the sample projects. Remember, 'YARN ALL THE THINGS' from the main project dir by running this:
yarn && cd samples/sample-datavault-react/ && yarn && cd ../sample-datavault-solidity && yarn && cd ../..
- OR globally install Dapploy using:
sudo yarn global add tool-dapploy-nodejs OR sudo npm install -g tool-dapploy-nodejs --unsafe-perm=true --allow-root
dapploy -hto see the options:
$> dapploy -h Usage: dapploy [options] [command] Options: -V, --version output the version number -t, --projectDir <dir> Truffle Project Directory -n, --network [network] Deploy to network (default: development) -c, --config <config> Config file (default: .dapploy) -o, --contractOutput <dir> Contract Output Directory -x, --excludeContracts [Contract1,Contract2] Exclude contracts from the web3 interface (files are still copied) -a, --includeContracts [Contract1,Contract2] Include contracts from the web3 interface (files are still copied) -l, --clean Clean contracts before migrating -r, --remoteOnly Only copy contracts remote -p, --pinToIpfs Pin contracts to IPFS for remote access -k, --bucketName Do remote copy of ABI to aws bucket (make sure to setup ~/.aws) -y, --copyOnly Only do folder copy and S3 copy -i, --init Add default config file to current directory -h, --help output usage information $> dapploy init -h Usage: init [options] [dir] Configure a new truffle project from scratch Options: -g, --configOnly Create dapploy config file in current directory -s, --specifyContract [contract] Which type of project to create. Supporting: [ERC20, ERC721] (default: ERC20) -h, --help output usage information
- If you did not add dapploy globally with '-g', Add dapploy alias to run from any project in your bash_profile:
echo "alias dapploy=\"/<path_to_project>/tool-dapploy-nodejs/dapploy\""| cat >> .bash_profile
Create a smart contract project
dapploy init - create a new smart contract project!
- Create a new ERC20 project using dapploy:
dapploy init my-first-coin -s ERC20 cd my-first-coin
- Make sure Ganache is downloaded, installed and open: Download and install Ganache from their site
- Click the Gear Icon thingy ( ⚙️ ) to open
Preferences...Make sure that port is set to 8545.
- Dapploy from root directory
- if you have alias setup for dapploy, just run
- otherwise run
Congrats, you just built your first ERC-20 Token! Head on over to Dapper to play with it in a web-ui
- Checkout some dapploy samples to get another Dapp built with dapploy that uses IPFS and Dapploy's web3 adapter.
cd samples/sample-datavault-solidity && dapploy cd ../sample-datavault-react && yarn start
Want to make your ABI public? dapploy to IPFS
dapploy -p $ Contracts stored to IPFS QmZ2Ezv4nsQ5tqGoHz4pUxa9GW88TWKMSzdxdMfxsHerWT $ View contracts at https://ipfs.xyo.network/ipfs/QmZ2Ezv4nsQ5tqGoHz4pUxa9GW88TWKMSzdxdMfxsHerWT
Would you like to Dapploy to public testnet or mainnet?
- Sign into Metamask and change Network on Metamask to kovan/ropsten/mainnet
- Add your metamask wallet and infura data to
WALLET=// wallet used to deploy contracts INFURA_API_KEY=// API key you get from infura MNENOMIC=// 12 word pass key from derived from your wallet private key
.env(this file is already in your .gitignore)
mv env.template .env
- Using kovan, run
dapploy -n kovan
dapploy -n ropsten
NOTE You don't need to specify
-n network if you change
.dapploy configuration file in your project from
If you are feeling adventurous run a local testnet node:
Want your dApp to support multiple browsers?
Setup account with portis.io
Add Portis and Infura key to .dapploy
Want to use S3 to host your ABI?
- Confugure your AWS credentials in terminal by creating credentials file. S3 credential instructions here:
vi ~/.aws/credentials [default] aws_access_key_id = AKIAIFYQ4UEUUJ6GDH6A aws_secret_access_key = FAKEasdfas=aqewrasdfa/sdfasdfasdfasdfFAKE
- Configure dapploy